1. Our Commitment to Privacy.
3. Data Collection.
When you interact with us through the Storyteller for Good Website, we may collect information from you as further described below.
Standard web server traffic pattern information:
General traffic, site usage, browser information IP address, location, device information, and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
Personal information that you provide to us:
Certain optional activities may require your personal information for us to provide you with that service. These activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Registration: If you are given the option of registering a user account on the Website, we may retain the preferences you select so that you will not have to reenter the information each time you access our Website.
- Requests: If you submit an online request for additional information or submit a question through a “Contact Us” query, we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, address, telephone number, and email address.
4. Data Use
We limit the use of personal information provided to us on our Website to the following:
- Internal Use. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our site to improve our site and our service to you. We may enter your name, phone number, address, and email address into our client database and contact you in order to:
(i.) complete voluntary surveys seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes; or (ii) supply you with information including news, programs, events, and services. We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate department for response and may be entered into our client database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you.
- External Use. Your personal information will not be shared or released to any organization or business entity other than those affiliated with or working in conjunction with us as follows:
(i.) We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service and prohibit them from using that information for any other purpose.
5. Your Options.
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict the internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you. To inform us of any desired restrictions on how we communicate with you, please email us at email@example.com. If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future. If you do not wish to opt out at this time, you may do so at a later date should you so desire.
If you opt back into a specific service, you will receive communication in that manner, regardless of your overall opt-out selections. These services may include newsletter subscriptions or email communication by asking a question using the “Contact Us” feature on the Website.
We will retain your personal information for as long as you have a registered account or use our services. We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Upon request, we will provide you with the information we maintain about you in a machine-readable format so that you may request corrections or removal. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to access such information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
7. Data Security.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and honoring your choices for its intended use. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. Examples of our security measures include: (i) physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; (ii.) sophisticated security monitoring tools; (iii) documented security policies; (iv) use of strong encryption (e.g., SSL) by a third-party payment processor for credit card transactions; (v) restricted access of personally identifiable information; and (vi) periodic security audits.
Internally, data is stored on secured servers. Our staff is educated about the importance of safeguarding your information and we are committed to holding them accountable for protecting your confidentiality. However, such precautions do not guarantee that our Website is immune to all security breaks. There is no such thing as a 100% safe Internet. We make no warranty, guarantee, or representation that the use of our Website is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities or that your information will always be secure.
9. External Links
11. Other Terms and Conditions
13. Notice to European Union.